Usability Testing vs. A/B Testing
There are many testing methodologies to answer business questions, but not all of them are equal. Some prefer one method over another and neglect using multiple methods. This video compares and contrasts Usability Testing vs. A/B Testing.
Having worked extensively with an organization that was very entrenched in doing usability testing, I have found there are good and bad things about each approach. There is also an optimal way to do both to derive the most value of any of your research or optimization efforts.
In this video, you will learn several things to improve your testing efforts including:
- The pros and cons of each method
- The difference in how each method determines success
- How sample size impacts each method
- Segmentation considerations with each method
- How a natural vs. unnatural environment influences visitors
- How each method has a different view of risk
Testing Theory is where professional testers turn to do better A/B testing and get more conversions.